Friday, March 04, 2005

How I met my Bashu (Abadani Friend) and the interview

3/3/ 05 - I met this person via Internet thru my blog,he turns out to be Abadani same town as I was born of all places. Here is how I met my Abadani friend, I had a comment on my blog and it was about my aunt,Dr. Parsay,ex secratary of education in Iran. He said he is interested to know about Pahlavi Dynasty's time since he was very young then and had special respect for Dr. Parsay.

He encouraged me to write my story and was proud of me doing that. Unlike the rest of the family who made me feel so stupid doing this.

I also found out that he is a reporter-writer for Cry of the Peacock site.

I answered his comment and emailed him and asked questions and answered questions. He is from Abadan and knows berim and segoosh where I was born. I never saw this city called Abadan at southeastern part of Iran. He lived there and witnesssed the war with Iraq. The burned ground.He is also very bright and knows A-z about Internet.

Here is the first question he asked me and my answer, this is posted on blog of
InConversationWithRoya.blogspot.com. Also if you have not seen the movie Bashu try to see it SOON , its a masterpiece,find an Irani friend and get it thru them.

Q- One of the posts on your weblog is dated back to 2000. It was originally published in an Iranian journal in US. The rest of the posts are from February 2005, so my immediate question was why it tooks o long and what was stopping you from telling your side of story?Did you have another weblog before that we aren't aware of? And how realistic is the need to write?

A- I always wanted to tell the story and had to fight the family for getting permission from them. I even got a note from her daughters encouraging me to stop. I guess they need time to get over their hurt and society was rude to them, but I can’t keep quiet. At last I asked this publication, Azadi, to write half of the story. This is a publication run by grand child of Mossadegh, Mr. Matin Daftari. I did not share her diary in her own handwriting and left it with a relative to keep until future .
I do strongly feel that her diary should be published cause that is why she wrote it, but can’t fight the whole family . You see you try to hurt them less after such big cruelty being done to them, I gave all my pictures and documents, except her diary that she wrote days before her capture, to a writer in DC (Mrs. Peernia)and am hoping that she would publish it.
I may post one page with her handwriting as a sample. I need either a sponsor or a publisher who is so attached to the story, or love women’s cause, that would publish it for me for free! At any rate there is no other website and I am telling chunk by chunk of my life in Iran and whatever happened to me, which witnessing my aunt working honestly as a Secretary of Education during Pahlavi dynasty and later her capture during Mullahs regime, accusations of being a Bahai or wrong-doer by that brutal regime,the firing squad, participating in her burial and all were part of it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you.
>are intriguing.
>
>I have to confess that as I read your blog, i started
>to feel respect for a roya I had never met. I was
>not even sure if roya was a male or a female name. as
>i read on, i felt shame, shame that in tiny little
>singapore, we can be myopic on world affairs and
>world history.
>
>what good is my blog in the web? whose lives do i
>change? whose hearts do i touch? do i just satisfy my
>exhibitionist streak? is mine a false sense to be
>heard?
>
>and all these because i simply clicked "Next Blog" on
>the top right hand side of the browser.
>
>hi, i am dali :)
>i'm from singapore - no doubt famous now for the
>deaths of the iranian siamese-twins, tragically.
>
>thank you for your blog.
>
>dali

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
My birthday is not until June 9th so I’m not 40 just yet! ;-)
You can post my email if you want – just don’t use my email address.
Yes, you can state I’m half Iranian and have questions – I’d like to visit Iran someday soon and don’t have the first idea of how to make it happen but I am determined to visit there someday. I wish I had learned Farsi, I think this is what is and will always be what makes me feel like an outsider in the Persian community. I loved the analogy that your cousin used of the rope tied to God and if it’s cut it’s like a kite floating around. I think that’s also what made me suggest the book The Kite Runner. I’m happy that you and Babak are able to work on your relationship. Hopefully he is accepting of you with or without your faults and can help you find those unanswered questions.
I always remember you many years ago at that party when you looked down and noticed you had on 2 different unmatching shoes – very funny!!
Talk to you soon,
Tina

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home