Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Thank you Emily Dickenson,happy birthday bobey joon!


click on header

I went to surf station on Friday 6pm. I was thinking I can not rest this weekend, this is babak(my son’s) birthday and I drove 3000 miles to live in the same state and also spend the birthday with him. If you scroll down you see that the last time I saw him on his birthday was 20 some years ago. That picture is in a hotel in Washington state, next to van couver Canada. I did not have a green card then and could not go to Canada to see him. As always was desperate to see him and be around him, specially close to his birthday. I begged my ex to send him, he said no,so I flew there and stayed at the border of Canada and they drove down. That year I only saw him for a day and that was on his birthday, then I got my green card and went to Canada and got a lawyer to be able to see him more. That lawyer died on me and my son said if I go to court he wont testify to my favor(as little as he was, he talked like a grown up). Well with that history behind me I knew I would be restless again. Drove to train station and was looking at the map. A woman passed by. I asked do you know when the next train arrives? She said 7 it goes to SLO, I said I want to go close to san Francisco. She said well I would like to go to Sacramento and I would accompany you. I said what? Wait let me check with my son.
I called MY SON and he said his girl friend was coming over but the next day is a picnic and all parents and friends come over and I can join. I said o.k immediately, it did not matter that it was 6:30 pm and there is 6-7 hours of drive. I knew I could not rest in this town and had to be closer to him. I told that woman I am going close to san jose for tonight and continue tomorrow, is that o.k with you? Will you drive half way?. –yes –o.k lets go to my place I pack and we go now-o.k.It took us 5 minutes to pack the car with her 3 suitcases. I packed in 5 minutes.,took some strawberries I bought at noon and some chicken,bread and vegetables.
We started to drive towards north. She said she left Florida in November, she was working in Orlando,Disney world. I found out whatever I say she agrees and she really has no plans,before I get worried she said she is from Indiana and she knew Earlham,the college I went to at Richmond for the first year of college an then I transferred to Purdue(by the way that Nahid person should know that Nobody at Purdue knows her,I checked out) Anyway when she said she used to work at miller caferteria of Richmond I figured she is safe. Then after 1hr of driving I said excuse me what is your name? You see I was thinking God sent me a person to drive me to my son and it did not matter what her name is. I did not have enough energy to drive myself since I get too excited or sad or emotional close to his birthday, I am dragging myself these days and cant post on my blog till we pass april 20 or close to it. Anyway she said Emily! I said like Emily Dickenson, she asked then what is your name I said Roya like Roy Rogers with an A! we laughed, had a sandwitch as pismo beach and she drove . She was testing different towns to settle in one after working in Disney world for years. I was trying to be careful like before stopping for rest rooms I would take the keys from her. She looked something between Jane Fonda and Catherine Hepburn and her soul looked pretty. I said we both need prays. She never married and had no children. We drove till 11pm and I said next town I want to check into a motel and continue tomorrow. My heart was breaking that for security reasons I could not share a room with her, what if I am sleep and she takes my purse and car? I knew she is only poor and not a criminal but could not act stupid as trusting others too much I was hurt before. So I took her to the train station in Gilroy (close to san jose) and gave her all the food I had and my number. I said Thank you Emily for driving me closer to my son.
Then I checked into this hotel. When I woke up in the morning I saw this sign(posted above,a Gun show) and figured it was a dangerous area,I also took all soap and shampoo and some of my make up and drove back to train station to see whether she was there to give them to her. There was no sign of her. Then I continued towards my son’s place.
I got there at 10:30 called him and he was at police dog show. I waited for the bus to take me there. While waiting I saw a dance done by some students, it was interesting and at some point one dancer would shout at the other, “ stop it, stop it” ,what you hear as a child for a million times(Sophia was repeating that to Tye in LA too). So I watched them and liked that a lot, as to how many times you heard “ bas kon, khafe sho” as a child. Then I joined my son and his girl friend and was too happy but tried to act casual as if nothing happened, but me so close to his birthday and be with him?. Yes there was no cake or anything but I knew its his birthday,I knew I am getting close to having a normal relation with my son… So I was happy they let me be with them, we walked a lot and I was telling myself amadi janam be ghorbanat vali hala chera,hal keh oftadeam as pa chera.(You came atlast but why now that I cant walk.. a famous poem..) anyway I saw his office with lasers, HE IS WAAAAY BETTER THAN ME, a student passes us and says to my son “hey your lecture was great, “ I got goose bumps? That was the highlight of the day. He said his old girl friend called and she is coming over too! I said that is a special situation I am at. Last time I met her, I was married, her parents were married and my son was dating her. Now I am divorced, her parents are divorced and my son and her are not dating either!! I was sorry to hear that her mother had cancer. I also met my son’s girlfriend’s sister. She was nice. We watched the dog show first, then this laser showing the music in a dark room . I hope he explains that further to me since I did not get it.
Then when I saw his office I was so proud, had to do esfand… anyway whoever reads this throw some esfand in fire for me (CHESM NAZANAM!) I DROVE BACK AT 3PM CALLED MY EX AND SAID PLEASE, I want to have a real birthday with cakes and candles and both of us present, we owe that to him, to us, to our life… as usual he laughed outloud and said o.k but whether it materializes, God knows. To be continued….


Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurray

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home