Thursday, April 07, 2005

They Look Alike!


TheyLookAlike
Originally uploaded by roya parsay.
o.k here is Dick Holmberg who drove with me from VA to CA. He did 90% of the driving, and my x-colleague in US Mint and IAI coding COBOLand IDMS together. The picture on the left is my grand pa agha joon parsay!They both have blue eyes and tall and something about them is alike to me! Thou I think Dick Holmberg is nicer to me than agha joon. My grand pa used to live upstaris of our house and at noon when we as children very quietly tried to swim in the pool (hoz rather!) he would shout "ghebahat dare,khejalat dare" (shame on you) , since we woke him up! He also liked my aunt's children who were our neighbors more than us, God knows why, as if daughter's children are better than son's children, I find that rude. But he was an advanced, intellectual and supporter of women rights too .( I ask Dick Holmberg if I can post his email here).
Also comments about mother's words and habits are getting interesting,I get emails and post them on the site of color of skin of a lion with a watermelon picture. scroll down you get to it!Shahla just send some stuff about her.
P.S Thanks to Greg for managing these pictures, who is a master of networking and cakes,specially carrot cakes(Maria,my landlord's beau-fiance?)

1 Comments:

Blogger roya parsay said...

Hey Roya!!
Well, here I am in Minnesota. Coooooooooooooold. Actually, not too bad. Maybe about 53 degrees F. But Tampa is 80 degrees! That is actually better.
Well, I spent a week with Kent in Duluth, MN, where it is cooooler.
But Kent has this bike (actually 3 bikes) that I used that is really a nice bike ($$$$$$$$$). I mean, when I buy a bike I pay, like $59. I don't know what his other bikes cost, but that bike I was using, he said cost $600. Doug too. They spend all that money for a bike, and I buy a bike for $59 that gets me around just fine. But I must admit that $600 bike really rides nice and easy.
The problem is that the seat is a higher so that when I stop, I have to be careful because my feet do not quite touch the ground from the seat. So, I know from prior experience that I have too get off the bike on the left side, because if I dismount on the right side I will usually lose my balance, and probably fall. And that is exactly what happened the first time I rode the bike. I was driving to the grocery store, about 5 blocks from Kent's apartment, and when I had to stop at a traffic light, I was forced to dismount on the right and I fell, with no helmet. I did not hit my head, I was very caerful as I fell to protect my head, but I landed on my back on the right side, and I think I hit a curb, or something. That was Monday, a week ago, and I am still very sore. Oh well, life goes on. This why I have not gotten to editimg your story yet.
Dawn's husbands brother (he has six siblings) gets married in Tuscon, Arizona on the 23rd of April. So, I guess we are going to that wedding. We are flying to Pheonix, AZ and then we drive to Tuscon. The one nice thing about this trip is that it is WARM in Tuscon, and probably Pheonix.
But Leo's (Dawn's husband) siblings are terrific people, and the brother that is getting married is a natural comedian. He is so funny, without even trying!!
Later.
Dick



Roya Parsay (royaparsay@msn.com) wrote:

thanks a lot also for the very nice picture now people can see who dick
holmberg is!! have fun an dhope to see you soon!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home