Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rodney's life; wow


Rodney was 5 years old when I first met him and I was 17 years old in the city of Richmond Indiana. He died 2 weeks ago but he lived a richer life than a 100 year old man. He was first diagnosed with cancer of blood(lukemia) when he was 5 years old. He was actually playing and running right in front of me and his mother. She called him and stopped him from running and asked Rodney "what is that spot on his neck?". we both looked at it wondering. She took him to the Dr. the next day and the news broke....He had Lukimea.His mother / my friend, had to take him to Indianapolis almost every other day for treatment. At that time cancer and its treatment were in early stages. Rodney survived that and played football, basketball, got 2 masters degree and one PhD. A doctor, a lawyer.. wow his life was wider than longer and richer than most people I know. He won the difficult and long struggle to overcome obsticles in his life. His wife is nice too and his child from the picture I know, but I hope his mother and father can bear this. This is his obituary after his last struggle with cancer of brain; maybe if you click on the article it gets larger so you can read it easily. Quite of achievements. Rodney was sweet and no bitterness in him. Last time I met him was in Virginia, he and his wife came over and I made him some Persian dis, he loved it and ate all of it and some ice-cream. His wife was pregnant then and life was nice to them for a short while...He shared some of his knowledge of blood structure with us. His wife was becoming a lawyer and he was practicing law too. I am a good friend of his aunt and always ask about him, his sisters... I feel like I have an extended family there. One day I should write about them, her aunt was born by Dr. Mossadegh. Well he was a sweet and brave fighter and always a winner in my eyes...We should learn from him, may God bless you my lovely child... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home