Tuesday, October 04, 2005

how priorities are shifted, how prejudism develops


noparking
Originally uploaded by roya parsay.
I live in a town that is so small that it takes less than 10 minutes to go from one part of town to the other. We have no Sears, Pennys, Macys and only one 711. Now I am a substitute teacher in this small town, being from another country even another state is rare here. When I go teach I come home angry cause I hear a lot of prejudist comments, no tolerance all over the town specially in schools. Yes it is year 2005 and here is America, but this is a very small town, thou it is beautiful. I love the mountains, the ocean and the weather, but not the bias and lack of diversity. Bani adam azaye yek peykarand(people are parts of a body...SAADI, my favorite poet says.) Now go try to park your car here after the flood! But I must say I like their sense of helping each other at the time of disaster. click on title and see a prety picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home