Friday, December 09, 2005

I found another idol, Mr. Moradi



Houshang Moradi-Kermani
I just finished reading his book beleive it or not, shoma keh gharibeh nistid. His biography and fell in love with him and his writing. Here is an article about him. Thanks Sir;
TEHRAN, Oct. 4--A ceremony to commemorate the noted Iranian storywriter Houshang Moradi-Kermani was held Sunday on the sidelines of the 20th Isfahan Children and Young Adults Film Festival which was concluded on Monday, ISNA reported.
The storywriter was awarded the festival�s golden plaque at the event.
Speaking at the gathering, Moradi-Kermani said, �I wanted to be a storywriter and I became one, I wanted my stories to be filmed and translated into other languages which also materialized. The most important (of my wishes) was that I could write stories for two or three generations. What other wish should I have?� he asked.
�Whatever I don�t have, I did not wish to have,� he said, adding that he has achieved all his goals.
�If I die of a stroke right now, it doesn�t matter and I am not afraid,� he noted.
Managing director of Research and Writing Iranian Literature Foundation told the same ceremony that honesty and sincerity are among the hallmarks of Moradi-Kermani�s works.
�What gave an international status to Moradi�s works is his strong sense of nationalism, as his stories have never been estranged from his birthplace, a village,� Ali Reza Rezadad said.
He recalled, �We have a greater Hans Christian Anderson in Iran and we should not honor him just once: rather we should do as much as we can.�
Head of Iranian Scriptwriters Center further said that Moradi-Kermani�s works are popular among the common people while the learned also approve of them.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home