Thursday, July 28, 2005

Last night another aunt died,refreshed my memory

The phone rang last night from Paris we heard the sister of the people I am staying with died of cancer. We called the niece and told her and I got a flash back to my aunt's news of her death. We heard it thru a frined who heard it thru the radio. 3 women were executed by firing squad and she (Dr. Farrokh rou Parsay) as a high political figure and the other 2 women were drug dealers and wrong doers! Just like Jesus being punished between 2 theifs, jallal khalegh! Well I remembered the day we tried to bury her. We all went and got the body from SARDKHOONEH(cold places that I forgot the in english) then we drove to cemetery. I was so scared cause it was a task to bury people who the revolution and mullahs killed. WHo was to blame/ Shah for leaving his own cabinet behind to be killed? The mullahs? people for being indifferent. The custom in Islam is to wash th body,wrap in a white piece of cloth, lay the body on ground and pray in front of it, a special pray for the dead(namaze mayet). And then as we were waiting and my pregnant cousin went to ghasalkhane(where they wash the body) so that she could kiss her mother for the last time, my fear got bigger and bigger. Then I asked around and they said there are 6 bullets around her heart and they made sure to cover it so that my pregnanat cousin wont see those and just the face. SHe came outside and said I kissed her. Now she(my aunt) was lying right in front of us in white kafan. I was shievering and looking at the body. How I wish I could run and hug her,but at the same time we had to do the ceremony in quiet. ANy Khomeini guard's atttention would result into stopping the ceremony and not letting us bury her. How crazy,rude,fanatic... and world is still watching. A man passed by and told me khanom you are too worried what happened to your dead one? I just stared at him a whispered a pray under my lips and shivering of fear,anger and disguist. They lifted the body and we went to the grave. There her husband made a small speech and had a green(jade?0 worry beads in his hand and looking in the grave with my aunts body lying in there hesaid you gave it to me and now I return this back to you and dropped the worry beads in the grave. SOme started to pour dust on the body and some rose pedals..... Yes they destroyed her grave's stone twice and are even afraid of her body,but that day we managed to bury her like any other body,thou the story, the execution and struggle for women's right just turned to a new page. How can we make women and good men of the world aware of this? I am making a video of her life with all the pictures I have of her, anybody is interested to obtain it and show it in their country,town, city? I would love to spread the history of struggle of women in the world, let me know if your heart beats for the same reason as mine does.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes I want one.please email me the info.
Magdisa

9:36 PM  
Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

That was sad. Roya, add me to the mailing list too.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes really really sad :-(
I heard about it but didn't know the detail.

Heal the World.
B.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home